Does my iPhone make a loud pingin noise When I use my Find my IiPhonde app

Yesterday I lost my bag with iPhone, keys, reading glasses.and wallet inside. After an explosion of panic and swearing, I remembered the Wonderful iPhone app and it identified exactly where the iPhone/ bag was located. My wife got in the car and recovered the bag with everything in place. However, when I used it again inside the house, it made an incredibly loud pinging. noise which I couldn't turn off. I'm worried that if this happens when I next lose my iPhone, the noise will prompt whoever has the phone will throw it in the sea or hit it with a hammer to stop it. Can I keep the Find myPhone app but without the intrusive pinging noise?

noise which I couldn't turn

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 11:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 4:52 PM

Re: "Does my iPhone make a loud pingin noise When I use my Find my IiPhonde app:

... when I used it again inside the house, it made an incredibly loud pinging. noise which I couldn't turn off"

Apple Support have an article online that may be helpful in giving information about the pinging noise ... seems you contol whether or not you play the sound, and it does get louder in order to help if you can't find it and so do not turn it off, yet seems the pinging sound stops after two minutes.

Play a sound on a device with Find Devices on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Also see: "Stop playing a sound on a device" in the above article:

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2023 4:52 PM in response to CONFUSEDOAP

Re: "Does my iPhone make a loud pingin noise When I use my Find my IiPhonde app:

... when I used it again inside the house, it made an incredibly loud pinging. noise which I couldn't turn off"

Apple Support have an article online that may be helpful in giving information about the pinging noise ... seems you contol whether or not you play the sound, and it does get louder in order to help if you can't find it and so do not turn it off, yet seems the pinging sound stops after two minutes.

Play a sound on a device with Find Devices on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Also see: "Stop playing a sound on a device" in the above article:

Does my iPhone make a loud pingin noise When I use my Find my IiPhonde app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.