Hello! So, I have a supported card for Apple Pay, and Wallet, which was issued by American Express, it’s an AMEX Gold, but as my region isn’t one of the supported regions, I can not add the card to Wallet. Why can’t you allow Uruguay to add a card?

Hi all! first post here!

Basically the title, why can’t we have the option to add a card allowed in Uruguay? As well as some apps such as Amex app. I am not asking for bank support nor issuer support, but the ability to press “add” and not be prompted with a learn more pop-up that isn’t really useful.

I have a SUICA in my Wallet currently, because when I was in Japan I added it. I truly believe that by allowing this option, it will also grab more attention from users and card issuers, and possibly help grow the market for Apple here in Uruguay, which to be honest is in a great market position compared to the rest of LATAM right now.

Thank you for reading and for your time, I am already expecting a be patient and wait, but this has been going on for years, so I wanted to post.

Thank you all and have an amazing day ahead.

Best Regards,

Alex

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 7:02 AM

Apple hosts the community here, but does not participate. Consequently, Apple will not receive your feedback. Please use the link below to provide feedback directly to Apple.

Feedback - Apple Pay - Apple

Similar questions

5 replies

Hello! So, I have a supported card for Apple Pay, and Wallet, which was issued by American Express, it’s an AMEX Gold, but as my region isn’t one of the supported regions, I can not add the card to Wallet. Why can’t you allow Uruguay to add a card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.