Thunderbird and Ventura

I have just updated from Monterey to Ventura 13.5 on an iMac 2019 19,2. Under Monterey, Thunderbird (Version 102.14) opened very quickly. Under Ventura, the menu bar appears instantly but the remaining opening is slow. I notice that the hang appears to be related to the "Events and Tasks" heading on the menu bar, which is initially absent. This eventually appears and Thunderbird then opens and behaves normally.

Any idea what causes this delay?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 7:51 AM

I am not 100% certain so proceed with a " Large Grain of Salt "

Just downloaded the latests DMG file from Mozilla and the files is called 115.1.1.dmg

Do not know if 115.1.1 is the version of Thunderbird or only if name is only for the dmg file

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 19, 2023 8:31 AM in response to PRP_53

Thanks P. Phillips!

I had a copy of Thunderbird 78 on my other (M1) iMac with Ventura 13.5. It behaved exacly the same as described above. I do not use Thunderbird on the M1 iMac so downloaded 115.1.1 (the brand new vesion!) to it. Hey, it does not hang on startup! The new version appears to have solved the problem. Will update in due course!

Thunderbird and Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.