Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

AirPods Pro battery life is draining fast

My AirPod pros die very quickly once being used. I have to constantly charge them at least every hour when using them for an 8hr day. How can I fix this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 7:49 PM

Beaucawfee Said:

"AirPod Pros die within an hour: My AirPod pros die very quickly once being used. I have to constantly charge them at least every hour when using them for an 8hr day. How can I fix this?"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPod Power:

A. A Few Links to Visit:

B. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2023 7:49 PM in response to Beaucawfee

Beaucawfee Said:

"AirPod Pros die within an hour: My AirPod pros die very quickly once being used. I have to constantly charge them at least every hour when using them for an 8hr day. How can I fix this?"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPod Power:

A. A Few Links to Visit:

B. Try the Following Tasks:

• Hold Down the Button on the case for about 15 seconds.

• Use an Apple Brand Cable - not a third party one - cool though it may look, a fabric, third-part cable would likely tear - (Apple cable's are plastic and are intended for Apple)

• Remove the AirPod from the Case, then place it back in the charger. Perhaps it need to resync with he charger.

Mar 21, 2024 5:21 PM in response to Beaucawfee

Hey, I noticed that your post has a lot of replies and I think I figured out what's causing the battery drain so I decided to reply to one of the posts related to the issue.

When you're putting your airpods back in their case you have to make sure that the light flashes once just like they do when you take them out of the case. Make sure the light flashes for both airpods individually when you're placing them back in the case.

I noticed that my airpods used make a ringing sound after a while back when I hadn't figured out the battery drain issue. They haven't made the sound ever since.

It's kind of ridiculous that you can't just put them back in their case like every other earbud out there but I guess that's how they're supposed to work lol.

I have Airpod Pro 2's for context

AirPods Pro battery life is draining fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.