Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Can I turn off CarPlay?

While I’m on a social app while charging my phone it always transfers to the car, If there is a CarPlay feature on the car that you can turn off please tell me.

iPhone 12

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 4:02 PM

Does that Social app appear in the CarPlay display on the screen of your car? If YES, then you can remove that app from CarPlay by open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ CarPlay ➡️ Tap on your car ➡️ Customize: You can then remove the app(s) that you don’t want to interact with on CarPlay.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2023 4:02 PM in response to Kyle_Ha

Does that Social app appear in the CarPlay display on the screen of your car? If YES, then you can remove that app from CarPlay by open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ CarPlay ➡️ Tap on your car ➡️ Customize: You can then remove the app(s) that you don’t want to interact with on CarPlay.

Axel F.

Can I turn off CarPlay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.