Macbook Pro M1 2020 Restarts in Sleep Mode

My current MacOS Ventura version is 13.5.1, no other updates available. My MacBook screen was broken and i got it replaced with original MacBook screen. The laptop was not used for 4 months because of a damaged screen. It was working fine for about a week then I updated macOS version and now I have this issue. It still works fine but if I shut it down and start it again it gets stuck on the login screen. When started in safe mode it starts and continues to work fine but when put in sleep mode it restarts itself.

I ran Apple diagnostics and it gave error ALS001, ambient sensor may have a problem but it seems to work fine. I am not attaching any devices with the MacBook. The report I see after MacBook restarts shows Kernel Panic with core 0 that panicked. I do not understand what is going on.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 6:49 AM

devmode45 wrote:

My current MacOS Ventura version is 13.5.1, no other updates available. My MacBook screen was broken and i got it replaced with original MacBook screen.

I updated macOS version and now I have this issue. It still works fine but if I shut it down and start it again it gets stuck on the login screen. When started in safe mode it starts and continues to work fine but when put in sleep mode it restarts itself.

I ran Apple diagnostics and it gave error ALS001, ambient sensor may have a problem but it seems to work fine. I am not attaching any devices with the MacBook. The report I see after MacBook restarts shows Kernel Panic with core 0 that panicked. I do not understand what is going on.

I would get a service report documented, for hardware issue like your Apple Diagnostic—

Contact Apple or take your computer to an AASP or Apple Store to learn which service and support options are available.

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 6:49 AM in response to devmode45

devmode45 wrote:

My current MacOS Ventura version is 13.5.1, no other updates available. My MacBook screen was broken and i got it replaced with original MacBook screen.

I updated macOS version and now I have this issue. It still works fine but if I shut it down and start it again it gets stuck on the login screen. When started in safe mode it starts and continues to work fine but when put in sleep mode it restarts itself.

I would get a service report documented, for hardware issue like your Apple Diagnostic—

Contact Apple or take your computer to an AASP or Apple Store to learn which service and support options are available.

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Macbook Pro M1 2020 Restarts in Sleep Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.