Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How to pay with certain card for apps

I have a certain card setup so if I make a purchase on an app (example a game app) but the app keeps charging to the wrong card, one I don’t want used. I have the card I want set as my default but the app still is charging to the wrong card. How do I fix this? Would it be better to setup an Apple Card so it will take funds from that which I can control? Please help!

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 7:35 PM

The way the cards work that you have on file are the one that is listed at the top is the one that is going to get charged by Apple. The one that is charged by Apple is the one that is going to get charged for the App. You can’t select a card in the app to be charged. It’s just the one that is listed at the top of all the cards. You can go in and move them around and put the one you want used on the top, but that is going to charge everything associated with your AppleID to that card.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2023 7:35 PM in response to BWTGN2020

The way the cards work that you have on file are the one that is listed at the top is the one that is going to get charged by Apple. The one that is charged by Apple is the one that is going to get charged for the App. You can’t select a card in the app to be charged. It’s just the one that is listed at the top of all the cards. You can go in and move them around and put the one you want used on the top, but that is going to charge everything associated with your AppleID to that card.

Aug 20, 2023 8:20 PM in response to ZintainUSA

@ZintainUSA- Ok so one more question- I was able to move up which card I wanted in my apple wallet to the top, but when I went to do the transaction, it still pulled from the card I didn’t want it to charge the transaction to. In my settings, it doesn’t match up with the order I have them in with the Apple wallet. It still shows the order I don’t want them in. So I have to delete out the cards and re-enter them in order I need to fix this in settings?

How to pay with certain card for apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.