Open Epub file in BOOKS

it was a good experience when i use to read using books apps , but now suddendy the font become larger , anyone can assist me? how to revert to original font,i cant find in settings .i got the epub file from my friend

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 7:52 PM

Change text and page appearance

1. Tap the page, tap  at the bottom of the page, tap Themes & Settings, then do any of the following:
    • Change the font size: Tap the large A to increase the font size or tap the small A to decrease it.
    • Change the font: Tap Options, tap Font, select a font option such as Georgia or Palatino, then tap Done.
  • Turn on vertical scrolling: Tap  to scroll continuously through a book.
    • For PDFs, tap  at the top of the screen, then turn on Vertical Scrolling.
    • Change the page turn style: Tap  or , then choose an option (iOS 16.4 or later).
    • Adjust the display brightness: Tap , then choose an option.
    • Change the page background color: Tap a page theme such as Quiet or Bold.
    • Make the font bold: Tap Options, then turn on Bold Text (green is on).
    • Customize spacing and justification: Tap Options, turn on Customize (green is on), then drag the sliders left or right to adjust line spacing, character spacing, and word spacing. You can also turn Full Justification and Allow Multiple Columns off or on (green is on).

See Read books in the Books app on iPhone - Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2023 7:52 PM in response to hilmi100

Change text and page appearance

1. Tap the page, tap  at the bottom of the page, tap Themes & Settings, then do any of the following:
    • Change the font size: Tap the large A to increase the font size or tap the small A to decrease it.
    • Change the font: Tap Options, tap Font, select a font option such as Georgia or Palatino, then tap Done.
  • Turn on vertical scrolling: Tap  to scroll continuously through a book.
    • For PDFs, tap  at the top of the screen, then turn on Vertical Scrolling.
    • Change the page turn style: Tap  or , then choose an option (iOS 16.4 or later).
    • Adjust the display brightness: Tap , then choose an option.
    • Change the page background color: Tap a page theme such as Quiet or Bold.
    • Make the font bold: Tap Options, then turn on Bold Text (green is on).
    • Customize spacing and justification: Tap Options, turn on Customize (green is on), then drag the sliders left or right to adjust line spacing, character spacing, and word spacing. You can also turn Full Justification and Allow Multiple Columns off or on (green is on).

See Read books in the Books app on iPhone - Apple Support.

Open Epub file in BOOKS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.