Can I connect Mac Studio Max to HDMI via USB C

Hi

I have used ALL my 4 Thunderbolt 4 ports on the back of my Mac Studio Max (M1). I need to connect a third monitor to the Mac and would like to know if it's possible to use one of the USB C on the front?

If not do I need to by an external Thunderbolt 4 hus to accomplish this?

Mac Studio (2022)

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 1:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 1:51 AM

Mac Studio (2022) models support up to five external displays simultaneously, based on the resolution (up to 6K) and refresh rate (up to 60Hz) of each external display. You can connect displays to the Thunderbolt 4 ports and HDMI port on the computer.

On Mac Studio with the M1 Max chip, the two USB-C ports on the front don't support external display connections. See How many displays can be connected to Mac Studio - Apple Support.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 1:51 AM in response to stigc56

Mac Studio (2022) models support up to five external displays simultaneously, based on the resolution (up to 6K) and refresh rate (up to 60Hz) of each external display. You can connect displays to the Thunderbolt 4 ports and HDMI port on the computer.

On Mac Studio with the M1 Max chip, the two USB-C ports on the front don't support external display connections. See How many displays can be connected to Mac Studio - Apple Support.

Can I connect Mac Studio Max to HDMI via USB C

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.