Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Mac book pro, problems with edit

Using gedit to program I downloaded it using home-brew command. After a while while trying to open my works I got messages of problems with some specific libraries. The error that I get: (gedit:1346): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 13:48:47.674: gtk_label_set_label: assertion 'GTK_IS_LABEL (label)' failed

(gedit:1346): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 13:48:47.674: gtk_label_set_label: assertion 'GTK_IS_LABEL (label)' failed

(gedit:1346): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 13:48:47.674: gtk_widget_set_visible: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(gedit:1346): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 13:48:47.674: gtk_widget_set_visible: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

I have reinstalled edit many times reinstalled hombrew and everything that came to my mind. The only thing I have not tried is to reinstall the gtk libraries. This because when I wanted my Mac advised me that it could have Benn harmful for the software system. I?m quite desperate ad this point.

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 4:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 6:40 AM

<< it could have Benn harmful for the software system. >.

you get that warning when the software you are trying to make executable is not Signed with a valid Apple Developer Certificate. Use the privacy pane to say (Install anyway)

System preferences < Security & Privacy > General

Open a Mac app from an unidentified developer - Apple Support

(see note)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 6:40 AM in response to ji1223

<< it could have Benn harmful for the software system. >.

you get that warning when the software you are trying to make executable is not Signed with a valid Apple Developer Certificate. Use the privacy pane to say (Install anyway)

System preferences < Security & Privacy > General

Open a Mac app from an unidentified developer - Apple Support

(see note)

Aug 21, 2023 7:09 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

if this is giving you a hard time, the terminal environment already includes lots of editors including emacs or mg.

apropos editor

mg(1)                    - emacs-like text editor
nano(1)                  - Nano's ANOther editor, an enhanced free Pico clone
pdisk(8)                 - Apple partition table editor
psed(1)                  - a stream editor
sed(1)                   - stream editor
vim(1)                   - Vi IMproved, a programmer's text editor
zshzle(1)                - zsh command line editor
Mach-O(5)                - Mach-O assembler and link editor output 

Mac book pro, problems with edit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.