Can not delete Wish List items on a Mac

I am running macOS (Ventura 13.5.1) on. 2019 Rent 8K iMac but have seen this issue reported for Windows users as well. After adding albums, songs, movies, etc to my Wish List from the iTunes Store, I have been unable to remove the items from the Wish List list for several years now. I'm accessing the Wish List list from the MUSIC app - Music>Account>Wishlist. When I hover the mouse over an item, the little X icon appears but clicking the X has no affect. I can access the Wish List on my iOS and iPadOS and swipe to delete items as expected. But that's not the point.

iMac 21.5″

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 7:25 AM

I got tired of trying to resolve this myself so I called Apple. After being transferred to Mac OS support, iTunes support, etc, I was finally transferred to a Senior Advisor and we were able to resolve the issue by logging in as new user and then signing into iTunes with my user account. While logged in I was able to edit the Wish List as expected.

I logged out of the new user, signed into my account again and was able to add & delete items in the Wish List as expected (using the little X that appears). I suspect that the With List for my account became corrupt somewhere between the iTunes App -> Music App update or Apples conversion from iTunes Music to Apple Music because as soon as I accessed the list for another account, it broke the log jam and it started working.

I have created this entry as a place holder since there are many unresolved, closed discussions regarding "Can not delete items from Wish List."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 7:25 AM in response to MRYFLYGUY

I got tired of trying to resolve this myself so I called Apple. After being transferred to Mac OS support, iTunes support, etc, I was finally transferred to a Senior Advisor and we were able to resolve the issue by logging in as new user and then signing into iTunes with my user account. While logged in I was able to edit the Wish List as expected.

I logged out of the new user, signed into my account again and was able to add & delete items in the Wish List as expected (using the little X that appears). I suspect that the With List for my account became corrupt somewhere between the iTunes App -> Music App update or Apples conversion from iTunes Music to Apple Music because as soon as I accessed the list for another account, it broke the log jam and it started working.

I have created this entry as a place holder since there are many unresolved, closed discussions regarding "Can not delete items from Wish List."

Can not delete Wish List items on a Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.