Can't select or "favourite" HomeKit scenes to show up on Apple TV sidebar

Ever since Apple removed the "favourite" functionality on the latest OS (and replaced it with "Home View"), I have not been able to find a way to select what HomeKit scenes I want accessible on the Apple TV sidebar.

So I guess my question is; how do we select what scenes we want displayed on the Apple TV sidebar?

Am I missing something or has Apple just not thought this through yet?

[Edited by Moderator]

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 9:24 AM

2 replies

Aug 22, 2023 10:44 AM in response to iMac Boot Camp

Hi iMac Boot Camp,

Are you referring to viewing HomeKit scenes in the Control Center? If so, was the scene or favorite already added using an iOS device or Mac? You can find steps below from the guide page here: Use tvOS Control Center on Apple TV - Apple Support

"In Control Center, you can activate HomeKit accessories and view home cameras that you’ve set up in the Home app on an iOS, iPadOS, or macOS (Catalina or later) device signed in with the same Apple ID.

For example, you can view video from supported security cameras and receive a notification when a supported doorbell camera detects someone at your door. You get a personal notification if HomeKit recognizes the person from your Photos library.

You can view multiple cameras at the same time, control an accessory attached to the room you’re viewing, or monitor your live video while watching something else in Picture in Picture mode.

You can also run scenes you’ve created in the Home app on an iOS, iPadOS, or macOS (Catalina or later) device. Scenes let you control multiple accessories in your home. For example, you can create a Watching TV scene that dims the lights and sets the temperature.

1. Press and hold the TV button  on the Siri Remote to open Control Center.
  2. Select the HomeKit button .
  3. Do either of the following: 
    • View live video from a security camera: Select the camera to see a full-screen image and more options. If you have multiple cameras, navigate left to see a preview, then select the preview to see a full-screen grid view of all the cameras.
    • Run a favorite scene: Select the scene for a secure HomeKit-compatible products such as door locks, lights, motorized doors or windows, security systems, and garage doors.

Apple TV screen showing Control Center HomeKit view

Siri: On the Siri Remote, press and hold the Siri button , then say “Show me” followed by the name of the camera in the Home app:

• “Show me the front yard camera”

4. To see more options, select a camera, then do any of the following: 

• Control an accessory attached to the room you’re currently viewing: Select the Accessory button , then select an accessory to turn it on or off.
  • View live video from multiple cameras at the same time: Select the Grid View button . Select a camera for a full-screen view.

Siri: On the Siri Remote, press and hold the Siri button , then say “Show me” followed by the name of the camera in the Home app:

• “Show me the front yard camera”"

You can also view information for adding scenes here: Create scenes and automations with the Home app, and here: Create and use scenes in Home on iPhone

If you still have an issue viewing your content or created scenes, be sure all your devices are fully updated and reach out to Apple Support directly.

Get Support

Best.

Apr 7, 2024 11:56 AM in response to OrigamiFan1

I think the reply dis not answer the question. The question was WHICH scenes that are displayed in the Apple TV control center. In the past the favorite scenes defined on another devices was shown but the latest versions IOS or iPadOS the concept of favorites are removed. So what defines which scenes that are displayed in the control center?

Can't select or "favourite" HomeKit scenes to show up on Apple TV sidebar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.