HomeKit tile and accessories not appearing in Apple TV control center

All HomeKit options enabled. All software up to date.

I am able to see and control all devices in the control center of my Mac, iPads and iPhones. But NOT the Apple TVs.

When I activate the control center the Home app icon and accessories are not there. I had a case# with apple but no one could figure it out cause they admitted that they don't use the app much.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 10:39 PM

Have you set the camera up in the home app? You can’t add this on the ATV Home App. It doesn’t function for editing. You need to set everything up on another device using the Home App on that first, add your camera to a scene on the other device. This App is to view cameras and run scenes - you can view home cameras that you’ve set up in the Home app on an iOS, iPadOS, or macOS (Catalina or later) device signed in with the same Apple ID.

See: Control Homekit Scenes and Cameras: Use tvOS Control Center on Apple TV - Apple Support

• Other accessories won’t even show in the tv control Center. If you’re referring to the the Home App on another device and not seeing the camera in the Home App on that, is it HomeKit compatible?
15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2023 10:39 PM in response to putchfilms

Have you set the camera up in the home app? You can’t add this on the ATV Home App. It doesn’t function for editing. You need to set everything up on another device using the Home App on that first, add your camera to a scene on the other device. This App is to view cameras and run scenes - you can view home cameras that you’ve set up in the Home app on an iOS, iPadOS, or macOS (Catalina or later) device signed in with the same Apple ID.

See: Control Homekit Scenes and Cameras: Use tvOS Control Center on Apple TV - Apple Support

• Other accessories won’t even show in the tv control Center. If you’re referring to the the Home App on another device and not seeing the camera in the Home App on that, is it HomeKit compatible?

Aug 7, 2023 7:50 AM in response to lkrupp

Not according to apple. There's even screenshots on the web showing it. Not sure where you are getting your information. This is from the apple support guide for HomeKit. I'm not talking about an app. I'm talking about the control center feature where the HomeKit accessories are supposed to show up.

Use tvOS Control Center on Apple TV - Apple Support

Aug 7, 2023 10:47 AM in response to putchfilms

So open the Home app on your iPhone or Mac. Click the More button at the top right (circle with 3 dots), click Home Settings, click Home Hubs & Bridges. Is your Apple TV set as connected or standby?

I have the latest Apple TV hardware (4K 4th gen) running the latest tvOS 16.6 and the HomeKit icon isn’t showing up on my Control center either. I guess my knowledge hadn’t been updated regarding the Control Center. Sorry for the false information.

This is starting to look like a bug to me.

Aug 7, 2023 1:23 PM in response to putchfilms

it only controls Scenes and cameras.

if you don’t have any Scenes or cameras then the Home App will not show up. Try creating a scene in the Home App on another device to see if this changes after restarting ATV. Then you should see the Home App.

The Home App has limited functionality on ATV. You cannot control other accessories with it. It’s by design and not a bug.

Jan 27, 2024 9:38 AM in response to putchfilms

Ive tried everything possible to get my ecobee and cameras to show up in the control center on my appletv with no luck. It seems Im not the only one not able to add any accessories to my homekit either, I wish someone could give us a definitive answer as how to get the icon to show up in control center on the appletv even when we have added devices through the home app on iphone or ipad as I have done

HomeKit tile and accessories not appearing in Apple TV control center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.