Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Alarms with sleep tracking

I just started tracking my sleep with my Apple Watch 8 and the alarm does not go off on my phone anymore, just a haptic on my watch. This is not enough to wake me up, I need to hear the phone alarm. Is there a way to also or only hear the phone alarm?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 1:42 PM

Hello,

Hmm, they both should ring if you have an alarm set on both and they are not in silent mode:

See these standard steps for sound issues:

1) Is the side silent mute button on? Does any red show? Slide it back and fourth.

2) How about the volume buttons? Is the volume very low? Move the buttons. Adjust the volume on iPhone

3) Is Do Not Disturb on? Go to Settings > Focus > Do Not Disturb. Is it turned on? Check the times.

4) Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics. Check the Ringer and Alerts slider.  Try changing the sound pattern for the type of alert.

5) Go to Settings > Notifications. Is the app listed?

6) Do other sounds work? What about phone calls? Music? 

7) Make sure that the watch is not in silent mode.

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 1:42 PM in response to teedup

Hello,

Hmm, they both should ring if you have an alarm set on both and they are not in silent mode:

See these standard steps for sound issues:

1) Is the side silent mute button on? Does any red show? Slide it back and fourth.

2) How about the volume buttons? Is the volume very low? Move the buttons. Adjust the volume on iPhone

3) Is Do Not Disturb on? Go to Settings > Focus > Do Not Disturb. Is it turned on? Check the times.

4) Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics. Check the Ringer and Alerts slider.  Try changing the sound pattern for the type of alert.

5) Go to Settings > Notifications. Is the app listed?

6) Do other sounds work? What about phone calls? Music? 

7) Make sure that the watch is not in silent mode.

Good luck.

Alarms with sleep tracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.