Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Printer stopped working after Ventura 13.5 Update

I have a Mac since 2006. Since we got this one [Monterey] 2022, & updated to Ventura, every time I update to the next version problems with my Printer connection is compromised. [I've also been having problems sending mail]. I haven't changed the WiFi settings, printer settings, E-mail, etc. Router is on, WiFi is on.

I just updated to version 13.5, & my Canon Printer does not connect to the WiFi. And it doesn't even show up in Utilities! When I try to print, the Printer shows it is "offline, but nothing has changed. This is the 2nd time I updated, that has messed up my printer data. And I can't change anything in Systems Settings, or WiFi to fix this. I even went to Cannon to see if there was some "update" download for it. They did, I downloaded it, but it doesn't show in Download?

So I called Apple care, they couldn't help, & claim "it's the printer" which is is not, in "System Settings" nothing has changed with the printer. I looked up the Canon website [for my printer] & went through their great visual steps to reconnect to the LAN - PIN # - Still nothing happened.

I'd appreciate any Help to fix this.

PS this makes me fearful to do any more updates, as every time I do one, something else goes wrong.

iMac 24″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 2:36 PM

Kathylpv wrote:

I have a Mac since 2006. Since we got this one [Monterey] 2022, & updated to Ventura, every time I update to the next version problems with my Printer connection is compromised. [I've also been having problems sending mail]. I haven't changed the WiFi settings, printer settings, E-mail, etc. Router is on, WiFi is on.
I just updated to version 13.5, & my Canon Printer does not connect to the WiFi. And it doesn't even show up in Utilities! When I try to print, the Printer shows it is "offline, but nothing has changed. This is the 2nd time I updated, that has messed up my printer data. And I can't change anything in Systems Settings, or WiFi to fix this. I even went to Cannon to see if there was some "update" download for it. They did, I downloaded it, but it doesn't show in Download?
So I called Apple care, they couldn't help, & claim "it's the printer" which is is not, in "System Settings" nothing has changed with the printer. I looked up the Canon website [for my printer] & went through their great visual steps to reconnect to the LAN - PIN # - Still nothing happened.
PS this makes me fearful to do any more updates, as every time I do one, something else goes wrong.

Solve printing problems on Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/solve-printing-problems-on-mac-mh14002/mac

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 2:36 PM in response to Kathylpv

Kathylpv wrote:

Solve printing problems on Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/solve-printing-problems-on-mac-mh14002/mac

Printer stopped working after Ventura 13.5 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.