Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Can't seem to update my childs' apple ID to her new email address. Any ideas?

I have a family setup with one parent and two kids.

Kid (12 yrs) now has her own email so we want to change her apple ID to that new email.

I followed Uw Apple ID wijzigen - Apple Support (NL) but get a message: (translated from dutch:)

"Parental consent is required to make this change. An email request will be sent to your Family Head, [MY NAME], who can provide parental consent for this change."

However. I receive no e-mail whatsoever on my parental mailadress. Not in my inbox, nor in spam.

Either way, I can continue, but after I submit the new address, I get the following message:

"The Apple ID cannot be updated for the account at this time."

Email adresses are not being used with other iCloud users.

It's super frustrating. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Best, Lars

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 2:09 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 18, 2024 5:35 AM in response to Larzzzzz

I'm in a similar situation. In the request log I can see the PUT request to https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage/appleid/verification failing with 400 and returning one error with code -900013, which unfortunately doesn't help much to understand the reason. In a similar thread the author mentions:

Apple Support ... explained that you cannot change the Apple ID email on accounts that are using the "@icloud.com" email

Which is indeed pretty frustrating. I guess I can recreate their Apple ID, but won't I lose any apps purchased to the old one?

Can't seem to update my childs' apple ID to her new email address. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.