Photos errors

When trying to view videos on my desktop, I get this message:

"An error occurred while downloading a larger version of this video for editing. Please try again later."

I can watch them directly on iCloud.com (in a browser) and on my iPhone.

What gives?

iPhone 13 Pro

iMac 27" Intel (2020) running Ventura (13.4.1)

Posted on Aug 22, 2023 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 9:29 AM

Hello bethfromal,

To confirm, this issue with accessing your iCloud videos is happening on your iMac? If so, then we'd begin by updating the Mac for the latest fixes: Update macOS on Mac

It's also important to note, that VPNs and security software can cause connectivity issues. You can try to disable them and test the issue, but you may need to remove the software in order to resolve the issue. Learn more here: Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues

If the issue continues after these steps, please reply back providing more information. The more we can understand about the issue, the better we can assist.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2023 9:29 AM in response to bethfromal

Hello bethfromal,

To confirm, this issue with accessing your iCloud videos is happening on your iMac? If so, then we'd begin by updating the Mac for the latest fixes: Update macOS on Mac

It's also important to note, that VPNs and security software can cause connectivity issues. You can try to disable them and test the issue, but you may need to remove the software in order to resolve the issue. Learn more here: Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues

If the issue continues after these steps, please reply back providing more information. The more we can understand about the issue, the better we can assist.

Take care.

Photos errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.