When replying to emails in mail there’s no sent email in my sent folder

I received an email which I replied to, I then tried to go back to the email I sent in response and it’s nowhere to be found. I expected to find it in my sent folder but nothing. Is this a problem others are having and is there a fix?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 2:02 PM

4 replies

Aug 24, 2023 12:40 PM in response to KieranB90

Hi KieranB90,

For help with locating the sent mail, have you checked the sent inbox from another device or using webmail outside of the iOS Mail app? If so, and you use multiple email accounts check a different accounts sent box. The steps here can show you how to change mailboxes or account: Check your email in Mail on iPhone - Apple Support

"Check your email in Mail on iPhone

In the Mail app , you can read emails, add contacts, and preview some of the contents of an email without opening it.

The Inbox, showing a list of emails. The Mailboxes button for switching to another mailbox is in the top-left corner. The Edit button for deleting, moving, or marking emails is in the top-right corner. The button for filtering emails so only certain kinds of emails show is in the bottom-left corner. The button for composing a new email is in the bottom-right corner."

You can also check if you have delay sending or if you inadvertently used the undo send option. The guide here can assist: Unsend email with Undo Send in Mail on iPhone, and the article here has a helpful visual: If you can’t send email on your iPhone or iPad

You can also check to ensure you're running the latest iOS version for your device with the help of the steps here: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Cheers.

Aug 24, 2023 3:13 PM in response to KieranB90

Hi KieranB90,

Since this also happen with webmail, it sounds like the issue is related to the email account itself, not your device. In that case, the email provider can assist further. If you use a third party email provider, reach out to them directly. If you're referring to emails that you're sending from iCloud Mail, check to make sure that your sent items are being sent to the correct mailbox. Try the following on your iPhone.

Go to Settings, then tap on your Apple ID at the top of the page. Tap iCloud > iCloud Mail > iCloud Mail Settings. Go to Advanced and then Sent Mailbox. If that says anything other than "Sent Messages" tap on it and change it. Then try again.

Take care.

When replying to emails in mail there’s no sent email in my sent folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.