Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPad 10th Generation got bent after it overheated. What do

I recently got this iPad for Christmas and it is quite thick so it is likely hard to bend, however one day it got very hot after I used it for a while and when I went to use it in the morning the iPad was bent on one side directly in the mirror where it gets hot. Since then the screen has been slightly coming out and it is not aesthetically pleasing to even look at. Am I the first person to have a bent iPad 10th generation as I cannot find any article about it. Could I get the iPad replaced? Please help.

iPad (10th generation)

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 4:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 4:15 PM

You could get in touch with Apple support and they can let you know of the steps that you should take. If you are near an Apple Store or Certified Repair Center, then you can make an appointment to have the device looked at and they can guide you with the next actions to be taken. If it is still under warranty and can be determined that it wasn’t damaged by mishandling or anything then they may help get it replaced. If it is determined that it was by mistreatment that it is damaged Apple will most likely leave it up to you to get it repaired or replaced and will be able to let you know what it is going to cost.

We do not work for Apple and are users just like yourself that can possibly help you with issues that may be able to be taken care of without having to contact Apple. In this case, there is hardware issues and cannot be solved by trying software things to fix it. We cannot tell you what it is going to cost or be able to tell you if it will for sure be taken care of under warranty or any other reason. The only ones that can you this is Apple and they will have to diagnose the situation to be able to give you a definite answer.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 23, 2023 4:15 PM in response to kubaismegacool

You could get in touch with Apple support and they can let you know of the steps that you should take. If you are near an Apple Store or Certified Repair Center, then you can make an appointment to have the device looked at and they can guide you with the next actions to be taken. If it is still under warranty and can be determined that it wasn’t damaged by mishandling or anything then they may help get it replaced. If it is determined that it was by mistreatment that it is damaged Apple will most likely leave it up to you to get it repaired or replaced and will be able to let you know what it is going to cost.

We do not work for Apple and are users just like yourself that can possibly help you with issues that may be able to be taken care of without having to contact Apple. In this case, there is hardware issues and cannot be solved by trying software things to fix it. We cannot tell you what it is going to cost or be able to tell you if it will for sure be taken care of under warranty or any other reason. The only ones that can you this is Apple and they will have to diagnose the situation to be able to give you a definite answer.

Aug 23, 2023 4:13 PM in response to kubaismegacool

No one here is associated with Apple as we are just users like yourself. Your only option is to take the iPad to an Apple Store or authorized Apple service provider for examination. Whether you can get a warranty replacement will be determined after the examination. But be aware that accidental damage is typically not covered by any warranty.

My new iPad 10th Generation got bent after it overheated. What do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.