How can I update my iPhone model 6s to 16

I cannot update my iPhone as 16.6generation my model name 6s please help me

here, I cannot use gogle pay app please it’s very need app to me plz help me

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 8:25 PM

Hello,

There are different ways to ensure the highest iOS that your device will support is installed on your device. For an iPhone 6S or 6S Plus that's iOS 15.7.8

This support article has instructions about updating an iPhone or iPad wirelessly —> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You can also use Mac and PC computers to update system software, as described in this article —> Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

When updating, your device will update to the highest version currently available that it will support, or it will just say it is up to date (and can't go any higher) and won't install anything. If you want to run a higher system version than your current device will run, that you need to buy a newer device.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2023 8:25 PM in response to safikul33

Hello,

There are different ways to ensure the highest iOS that your device will support is installed on your device. For an iPhone 6S or 6S Plus that's iOS 15.7.8

This support article has instructions about updating an iPhone or iPad wirelessly —> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You can also use Mac and PC computers to update system software, as described in this article —> Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

When updating, your device will update to the highest version currently available that it will support, or it will just say it is up to date (and can't go any higher) and won't install anything. If you want to run a higher system version than your current device will run, that you need to buy a newer device.

Aug 23, 2023 8:40 PM in response to safikul33

safikul33 Said:

"How can I update my iPhone model 6s to 16: I cannot update my iPhone as 16.6generation my model name 6s please help me here, I cannot use gogle pay app please it’s very need app to me plz help me"

-------

Updating and iPhone 6s:

Update Using a Computer:

You can use a computer for this -if you have no WiFi, then use Ethernet. Learn More ay my User Tip: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

Aug 23, 2023 9:19 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Bob Timmons Said:

"Well, we all know that it is considered bad form to refer back to the actual question that was asked in a thread....but for what it's worth, the OP asked......How can I update my iPhone model 6s to 16 3 out of 4 answered the question. That's not too bad."

-------

Seems retitling it "Updating an iPhone" would have not have about controversy here. And, that's how I often title that reply of mine (W/O the model).

How can I update my iPhone model 6s to 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.