Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Can't fully clear out the "not on this iPhone" memory on the App Store

I got my iPhone in the summer of 2020 and got married in Dec 2021. I want to clear out the memory of past apps I downloaded that I don't want my kids to see when they can read (ie: history of what dating apps were downloaded or grownup apps, etc).

I tried removing it but "hide app" doesn't always work.

It's the iPhone SE 2020 (2nd gen).

iPhone SE

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 3:55 PM

1 reply

Aug 25, 2023 12:47 PM in response to Lomb_15

Hello Lomb_15,

Hiding the purchases would be the correct process if you don't want to show certain apps in your list of purchases in the App Store.

"When you hide an app in your purchase list, it no longer appears in the list of your purchases that's in the App Store. The app will still appear in your complete purchase history in Settings. And if you use Family Sharing, family members can't redownload the app from your list of shared purchases.

Hiding an app won't remove it from your device, a family member's device, or other devices that are signed in with your Apple ID."

Please check out the information in this link to ensure the correct process is being used to hide apps successfully: Hide purchases from the App Store

Hide apps on your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the App Store app.
2. Tap the account button , or your photo or initials, at the top of the screen.
3. Tap Purchased. If you use Family Sharing, tap My Purchases.
The Purchased button is selected in the Account menu in the App Store on iPhone.
4. Find the app that you want, then swipe left on it and tap Hide.
The Hide button appears when you swipe left on an app.
5. Tap Done.

Thanks!

Can't fully clear out the "not on this iPhone" memory on the App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.