Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple Music not downloading

My Songs keep undownloading when I down load them,I have a plan,it’s driving me crazy 😝 what should I do?

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 2:58 PM

Hi 9ElliotAliwishesJoe80,

You may have Optimize Storage enabled as mentioned in Add music to iPhone and listen offline -

"Manage storage space

• Free up music storage: If iPhone is low on storage space, you can automatically remove downloaded music that you haven’t played in a while. Go to Settings  > Music > Optimize Storage."

This would delete songs when space is needed on your device.

If you do not have that enabled and you still have the issue, let us know if you get any specific alerts pertaining to your storage, as those may help us determine what might be causing the issue.

We also recommend restarting your device and keeping it updated as those steps assure you have cleared out any minor software issues and are running the most current version.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you still have questions, reach out to Apple Support directly, as this may require closer guidance: Get Support

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2023 2:58 PM in response to 9ElliotAliwishesJoe80

Hi 9ElliotAliwishesJoe80,

You may have Optimize Storage enabled as mentioned in Add music to iPhone and listen offline -

"Manage storage space

• Free up music storage: If iPhone is low on storage space, you can automatically remove downloaded music that you haven’t played in a while. Go to Settings  > Music > Optimize Storage."

This would delete songs when space is needed on your device.

If you do not have that enabled and you still have the issue, let us know if you get any specific alerts pertaining to your storage, as those may help us determine what might be causing the issue.

We also recommend restarting your device and keeping it updated as those steps assure you have cleared out any minor software issues and are running the most current version.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you still have questions, reach out to Apple Support directly, as this may require closer guidance: Get Support

Cheers!

Apple Music not downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.