Email not synced with iPhone and iPad

deleted emails on my iPhone don’t delete on my iPad.

iPad 2

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 9:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 9:38 PM

OLF1207 Said:

"Email not synced with iPhone and iPad: deleted emails on my iPhone don’t delete on my iPad."

--------

Troubleshooting iPhone eMails:

A. Go here:

B. Add the eMail Account Back.

See if it all syncs when you add the eMail Account back. If it is on a Mail server the it should pop up. It may take some time, if you have thousands to download.

C. Use a New App Password:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try a new App Password. Sometimes, changes (i.e. updates) are made to the device, and then mail server syncing becomes an issue (which is what a new App Password it intended to fix). For example, you'd go here for gmailSign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help - Google

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2023 9:38 PM in response to OLF1207

OLF1207 Said:

"Email not synced with iPhone and iPad: deleted emails on my iPhone don’t delete on my iPad."

--------

Troubleshooting iPhone eMails:

A. Go here:

B. Add the eMail Account Back.

See if it all syncs when you add the eMail Account back. If it is on a Mail server the it should pop up. It may take some time, if you have thousands to download.

C. Use a New App Password:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try a new App Password. Sometimes, changes (i.e. updates) are made to the device, and then mail server syncing becomes an issue (which is what a new App Password it intended to fix). For example, you'd go here for gmailSign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help - Google

Sep 17, 2023 6:22 AM in response to careyfrombayview

Your post says you're using an iPad 2, this issue is unfortunately related to the version of iOS older models of iPads can run don't support the latest versions of iCloud. while apple tries to keep older devices supported for as long as possible, theres bound to become a point where there's incompatibilities with modern versions of iCloud.

all i could suggest if you're unable to get a new iPad, is try using a different email client. but to be honest its probably not worth it, i would just live with the issues until you can upgrade

Email not synced with iPhone and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.