Fintness app/ Apple watch 7

I set up my apple watch fitness/activities to start a work out, instead I sat and watched a movie for 1.5 h. The finess app showed that I lost active 480 kcal and total of 530 kcal while sitting doing nothing! It is the same amount of kcal i lose typically when i do work out during the same period of time? Dose the watch measures anything or the amount of the burnt calories is just unreliable number?!

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 9

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 2:32 PM

According to What is the difference in "active cal… - Apple Community

Total calories include - basal calories + calories burned when doing a workout. Active calories are those that are burned during some activity like swimming running or anything else where your body is moving, Basal are those that your body burns during a day without any activity.

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

You should also make sure your watch is calibrated:

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2023 2:32 PM in response to foad163

According to What is the difference in "active cal… - Apple Community

Total calories include - basal calories + calories burned when doing a workout. Active calories are those that are burned during some activity like swimming running or anything else where your body is moving, Basal are those that your body burns during a day without any activity.

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

You should also make sure your watch is calibrated:

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

Fintness app/ Apple watch 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.