Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if I leave my watch in an ‘Open Workout’ during the day it says I burn over 2000 calories!

The other day I left my apple watch in an open workout for most of my day (about 8 hrs) and by the end I had burnt almost 2000 active calories! It was just a normal day for me, barely any exercise at all! Normally, I will burn about 450 active calories a day without putting my watch in ‘workout mode’. Should I trust the apple watch workout app? When you say you are doing a workout, the watch is measuring your heart beat the whole time so you would think its more accurate? Please let me know if the same thing happened to you and I want to know your thoughts.

I cant find anything on google when I try find info.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 5

Posted on May 13, 2019 3:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2019 4:16 AM

I would suggest you reset your Watch. Press the crown and side button in untill the Apple logo appears. Also Check your Watch is updated to 5.2 and your iphone is running ios 12.2. Finally unpairing your Watch and repair it.

Similar questions

2 replies

if I leave my watch in an ‘Open Workout’ during the day it says I burn over 2000 calories!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.