I no longer have access to the family organizer account that my daughter is in. How do I switch her to a new family account if I can’t get her out of the other one?

The organizer of our family account was under my oldest daughter’s account because we didn’t know at the time how it worked. She has now created her own account, a new one and abandoned the old account I would like to get my younger daughter off of that family account and on to the new one I am creating, but I can’t do that until she is off of the old one that we no longer have access to. Please help!

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 25, 2023 10:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 7:26 AM

You do not say if this younger daughter is a minor child or not. If she is not a "child" according to Apple, have her leave the first family group. How to leave a family sharing group --> Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

If she is a minor child, normally transferring to another family is a process involving both group organizers. This would entail the older daughter going back into her account and doing it Apple's way. See this article about how to move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

If the account is truly completely inaccessible you will have to see if there is anything Apple can do to help you with this. It may ultimately entail your younger daughter abandoning her old account (and everything in it) and setting up a new one with the new group. Follow the instructions in this support article to create an Apple ID for your child - Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple ➞ Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone ➞ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2023 7:26 AM in response to lowlow8

You do not say if this younger daughter is a minor child or not. If she is not a "child" according to Apple, have her leave the first family group. How to leave a family sharing group --> Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

If she is a minor child, normally transferring to another family is a process involving both group organizers. This would entail the older daughter going back into her account and doing it Apple's way. See this article about how to move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

If the account is truly completely inaccessible you will have to see if there is anything Apple can do to help you with this. It may ultimately entail your younger daughter abandoning her old account (and everything in it) and setting up a new one with the new group. Follow the instructions in this support article to create an Apple ID for your child - Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple ➞ Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone ➞ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

I no longer have access to the family organizer account that my daughter is in. How do I switch her to a new family account if I can’t get her out of the other one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.