Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change account organizer with child account involved

Hi. Originally when we created our family sharing plan we did so under my wife’s Apple ID. Our plan is my wife, daughter and I, but now we want to change the organizer from my wife’s account to mine. The problem we are running into is that we can’t figure out the proper way to do this since we have to account for our (underage) daughter’s account. Can anyone help? I had tried to “leave” the family and then my wife tried to transfer “ownership” of our daughter to me, but it didn’t work. Anyone know of a good way to properly do this?

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 8:03 PM

You have to set up a new family yourself, transfer the child, then have your wife disband the old family.

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support --> Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support --> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Move a child to another group using Family Sharing ---> Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

If transferring the child isn't working then you need to be a lot more descriptive of what you have tried and where it fails to work. Read Apple's instructions on how to do this.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2022 8:03 PM in response to Hoorayforme

You have to set up a new family yourself, transfer the child, then have your wife disband the old family.

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support --> Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support --> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Move a child to another group using Family Sharing ---> Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

If transferring the child isn't working then you need to be a lot more descriptive of what you have tried and where it fails to work. Read Apple's instructions on how to do this.

How to change account organizer with child account involved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.