Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Waze in CarPlay doesn’t give alerts during Calls

Waze configured to alert during calls.

but during calls in CarPlay no alerts sound.

did some tests:

if I am listening radio or music and there is an alert it sounds perfectly normal.

the problem is during calls.

passed the call to iPhone speaker and the alerts were heard during the call

passed the call to loudspeaker and the alerts were heard during the call

also tried to put the media playing an iPhone music then answered a call using the car system (with CarPlay) and no alerts were heard during call.

is there a setting or a way to fix?

waze is configured the sound part to predefine: CarPlay output and it doesn’t allow me to change.

if I go there outside the car , it allows me to change to Bluetooth, iPhone speaker… but it doesn’t matter to change as after being inside the car the setting goes again to CarPlay.

ps: this car allows a second phone paired (the second is not in CarPlay mode) and when it is in call it sounds the alerts.

iPhone 13 mini

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 1:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 7:01 AM

How to contact a third-party app developer or Waze Help

If you encounter any challenges with third-party applications, the best course of action is to directly contact the app developer for further assistance. Here's a brief guide on how to do it:

1. Identify the app developer.
  2. Visit their website or app store listing.
  3. Look for their contact information or support channels.
  4. Clearly describe the issue you are facing.
  5. Provide any necessary information they may need.
  6. Follow their instructions and provide feedback.
  7. Be patient and follow up if needed.

By reaching out to the app developer, you increase your chances of receiving accurate and personalized support for the challenges you're experiencing. To contact an App developer --> How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2023 7:01 AM in response to Migas1979

How to contact a third-party app developer or Waze Help

If you encounter any challenges with third-party applications, the best course of action is to directly contact the app developer for further assistance. Here's a brief guide on how to do it:

1. Identify the app developer.
  2. Visit their website or app store listing.
  3. Look for their contact information or support channels.
  4. Clearly describe the issue you are facing.
  5. Provide any necessary information they may need.
  6. Follow their instructions and provide feedback.
  7. Be patient and follow up if needed.

By reaching out to the app developer, you increase your chances of receiving accurate and personalized support for the challenges you're experiencing. To contact an App developer --> How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Waze in CarPlay doesn’t give alerts during Calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.