You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UPS delivery issues? (UK)

I had a poor experience with Apple and UPS on delivery of an imac.

The delivery was due 2 weeks after the order date.

I tried to contact UPS / Apple to confirm a date where i would be at home to receive the package. No such functionality appeared to exist.

UPS then tried to deliver a couple of times on a day when i was at work.

On the next day (when i was at home) UPS claimed to Apple that they had delivered - although i was at home the entire day and my security camera shows that they didn’t attempt delivery. From subsequent paperwork it is clear that the imac went back to the local UPS depot.

When I raised with Apple, they told me it would take 5 business days just to investigate the issue, even before giving a new date for delivery - despite the fact the imac was sat at the local depot. I’d have happily driven there to pick it up!

There seems to be a huge disconnect between Apple and UPS in resolving a very simple issue.

In the end, my only way of gaining certainty on my imac deliver was to get a refund and reorder.

Very disappointing!

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 5:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 5:50 AM

Your experience is unfortunately not that unusual for “bungled deliveries.”

Unfortunately, the common carrier (UPS) works for the “shipper” (Apple) vice the “recipient” (You).

We simply have to let one huge, layered bureaucracy (Apple) work it out with another huge, layered bureaucracy (UPS).

The fact that this usually involves small, high-value items — making it “ripe” for fraud — no doubt slows the investigative process.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 27, 2023 5:50 AM in response to th123-78

Your experience is unfortunately not that unusual for “bungled deliveries.”

Unfortunately, the common carrier (UPS) works for the “shipper” (Apple) vice the “recipient” (You).

We simply have to let one huge, layered bureaucracy (Apple) work it out with another huge, layered bureaucracy (UPS).

The fact that this usually involves small, high-value items — making it “ripe” for fraud — no doubt slows the investigative process.

Aug 27, 2023 5:20 AM in response to th123-78

Not our experience at all and over the last several years we've had easily half dozen UPS deliveries per week. We do our share of online shopping. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't be dissatisfied.

All I can really offer is once Apple hands the package over to the shipper, it's the shipper's responsibility from that point forward.

The best you can do is get your feedback to Apple: Product Feedback - Apple

And UPS: https://www.ups.com/us/en/support/contact-us.page

Aug 27, 2023 11:56 AM in response to th123-78

Apple is the biggest company in the world and should have the purchasing power with UPS to obtain quick responses regarding a problem...

Unfortunately, Apple will not see your concern here. We are your fellow end users and cannot act on nor forward complaints.

There is a Apple corporate presence just a short hop over a stretch of ocean you might wish to contact:

Aug 27, 2023 5:31 AM in response to ku4hx

Thanks for your feedback.

I’ve had plenty of UPS deliveries too.

I appreciate that things go wrong. However, what distinguishes this from experience with other online retailers was the inefficiency of resolution (versus say Amazon).

Apple is the biggest company in the world and should have the purchasing power with UPS to obtain quick responses regarding a problem - it would be a huge client for UPS to lose if they are not performing. A 5 business day turnaround is poor when the problem has already been identified. This is a £1700 item rather than a charger cable or something.

UPS delivery issues? (UK)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.