Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

USB-C ports not working on MacBook Pro

Hello,

From some time I had some problems with the USB_C ports from my Mac: USB adaptor with internet cable UTP not being able to connect, no internet connection, also now I cannot use my external Lenovo monitor. And also I cannot charge my external keyboard and trackpad.

The ports are simply not working and I cannot find any solution on your page to fix this.

Can you please help me?

Many thanks!

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 7:54 AM

Cos_D wrote:

Hello,

From some time I had some problems with the USB_C ports from my Mac: USB adaptor with internet cable UTP not being able to connect, no internet connection, also now I cannot use my external Lenovo monitor. And also I cannot charge my external keyboard and trackpad.

The ports are simply not working and I cannot find any solution on your page to fix this.

Can you please help me?

Many thanks!

Simply rebooting will re-define port definition.

if no insight

—A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

—no resolve, try the Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2023 7:54 AM in response to Cos_D

Cos_D wrote:

Hello,

Can you please help me?

Many thanks!

Simply rebooting will re-define port definition.

if no insight

—A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

—no resolve, try the Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Aug 30, 2023 7:48 PM in response to Cos_D

This indicates a hardware issue of some sort....most likely a faulty I/O Board on the left side. Worst case would be the USB-C circuitry on the Logic Board for those left side I/O Board is faulty. You will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

USB-C ports not working on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.