Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Newly purchased music disappeared and won’t download

For context: I’ve gone through the forums and looked into hidden purchases. I’ve checked storage and I’ve restarted my phone.

I bought one song on iTunes using my iPhone. I saw it downloading on the app. I closed the app to open Music. I saw the song pop up in Recently Added for a literal, and I mean literal, split second and then disappear.

I checked the Artists and Songs tab — nothing. I checked the Downloaded tab — nothing. I went back to iTunes, and I went to buy the song again, assuming there was some kind of glitch, but it told me I already bought the song — so I didn’t go through with buying it again. I went to the Purchased tab on iTunes and found the song there.

I hit download and it went into the animation that said it was downloading. I checked Music and saw that it said it was downloading so I clicked the Downloading tab and saw that there was a blank icon with no song name next to it, and that despite saying it was downloading, nothing appeared to be happening.

I cancelled download after about thirty minutes and tried again. Same thing. Restarted my phone and tried again. Same thing.

Does anyone know what I can try next? It was only $.99 but it’s incredibly frustrating.

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 12:47 AM

Start here, check the network connection:

You need to have a good Service and/or Wi-Fi.

If they are On, turn Off Hotspot & VPN.

Charge the battery > 70%.

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - Apple Support

👉 If you tried all of the above steps and you still can’t connect, contact Apple Support.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2023 12:47 AM in response to klentz646

Start here, check the network connection:

You need to have a good Service and/or Wi-Fi.

If they are On, turn Off Hotspot & VPN.

Charge the battery > 70%.

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - Apple Support

👉 If you tried all of the above steps and you still can’t connect, contact Apple Support.

Newly purchased music disappeared and won’t download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.