Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Water Damage after Apple store Battery change

Hello everyone,

I recently replaced the battery of my iPhone 12 Pro Max in order to make it more sustainable and extend its lifespan beyond 2 years. I frequently use my phone around water for cleaning purposes, and it often gets exposed to moisture due to rainy weather in Switzerland. However, after paying 89 CHF (approximately 100 USD) for the battery replacement at the main Apple store in Zurich, I encountered an issue.

Upon receiving my phone back from the service, I noticed that it was not properly sealed. As a result, water drops came into contact with my phone, causing the Face ID to become unresponsive. Around an hour later, I also observed a green tint on my screen.

I haven't come across any posts that offer a clear solution regarding liability for such damage. In my view, the responsibility lies with the Apple store. I opted for a certified service to ensure a proper replacement, with the expectation that it would be sealed effectively. Comparatively, an individual from a platform like Facebook Marketplace might offer a battery replacement at a lower cost, but without proper sealing.

I understand that Apple stores can sometimes be unyielding and unwilling to provide assistance in such situations.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 11:04 PM

If I were you I would run back to the store where I got the battery replaced or at least contact them over the phone and ask for a solution.

Similar questions

2 replies

Water Damage after Apple store Battery change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.