Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water damage

Hi, I had my iPhone 11 Battery Pro battery serviced at the apple store yesterday. I paid the fee and went home.

At home I spilled water on the device and the phone Face ID stopped working and then eventually started boot looping before turning off completely.

I took it back to the Apple Store who said it’s damaged by water and I have to pay for a new replacement and it is not covered.

I agree that water damage isn’t covered. But I’m convinced the seals used after servicing the battery is poor, adding to the fact that this phone is advertised as IP68 water resistant. I’m stuck with an expensive bill and the battery service was money down the drain. Is there anything else I can do?

I just feel strongly that this phone is advertised as water resistant and the store resealed it the day before.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 5:38 PM

They are water resistant but Apple does not warranty against water damage.

Liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty - http://support.apple.com/HT204104

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 10, 2021 5:38 PM in response to rifatk_117

No one from Apple is here. This is a user to user only forum. We can't help you. You'll have to take this up with Apple, but even if you never had the battery replaced, iPhone (all models) are water resistant, not waterproof. It's just as likely the phone whether it had been serviced or not would have sustained water damage.

Again, you have to deal with Apple directly on this as no one here works for Apple or has any influence with Apple.

Water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.