Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Water Damage Following Battery Replacement

I recently got my apple iphone 11's battery replaced recently at a T-Mobile store directed to me by Apple itself. So this was an Apple approved store. When they did the replacement, the screen was not properly sealed. The screen was visibly lifted up as if something was preventing it from sealing all the way down. I did not realize this until i dropped the phone in 2 ft of water for less than 20 seconds. Apple claims that the Iphone 11 is water resistant up to 5 ft for 30 minutes. So the phone getting destroyed from this makes no sense. I took the phone to a repair shop called "UBreakiFix" and in their initial diagnosis they stated that the phone was NOT properly sealed when the battery was replaced by T-Mobile. They tried to fix the phone but in the end were not able to do so as the water damage was too extensive. The phone turns on and off and is in a constant reboot loop. What exactly can be done about this? Can I have T-mobile take responsibility for it?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 5:07 PM

At this point, your options will be limited. If the T-Mobile store is an Apple Authorized Service Provider (not just an Apple Reseller), you should have refused the phone when they gave it back to you ... based on what you posted that the screen was not properly seated. Once you took it, I don't know what the store's policy is or what their repair guarantee period is ... so, whether or not, you approach their management, what recourse you will still have to getting this resolved. Especially, now that you took it to another "repair" outfit.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2022 5:07 PM in response to Junaid_Lbj

At this point, your options will be limited. If the T-Mobile store is an Apple Authorized Service Provider (not just an Apple Reseller), you should have refused the phone when they gave it back to you ... based on what you posted that the screen was not properly seated. Once you took it, I don't know what the store's policy is or what their repair guarantee period is ... so, whether or not, you approach their management, what recourse you will still have to getting this resolved. Especially, now that you took it to another "repair" outfit.

iPhone 11 Water Damage Following Battery Replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.