Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

How can I find my lost device if iphone is continuously going offline

My iphone is lost and I report an first information report to police but device didn't find as that is going offline continuously

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 7:39 PM

If Find My iPhone is offline or not working, read this Apple Support article to get help; e.g., when you don't see your device listed, or you see an unexpected device or an alert that says your device is offline. --> If Find My is offline or not working - Apple Support

This support article has a list of things to do if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen. --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

- The Find My service described in the article is the only recovery feature Apple offers. It must be set up before the device is lost.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2023 7:39 PM in response to umme288

If Find My iPhone is offline or not working, read this Apple Support article to get help; e.g., when you don't see your device listed, or you see an unexpected device or an alert that says your device is offline. --> If Find My is offline or not working - Apple Support

This support article has a list of things to do if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen. --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

- The Find My service described in the article is the only recovery feature Apple offers. It must be set up before the device is lost.

Aug 28, 2023 7:57 PM in response to umme288

The iPhone will display as "Offline" if the battery has run down or the phone does not have a good Internet connection where it is currently located.

There is unfortunately nothing that you can do about this except keep checking a few times each day to see if the status of the phone has changed.

Also, you may not be aware that thieves are very fond of placing a stolen iPhone in a special type of bag that will not allow the phone to send or receive a signal.

It's too early to throw in the towel, but realistically there is almost a zero chance that you will ever see the phone again.

How can I find my lost device if iphone is continuously going offline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.