You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Know When iPhone 8 Stops Receiving iOS Updates?

When will I stop receiving system and security updates? I saw something speculating on fall 2023. Is this correct?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 5:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2023 7:47 AM

Why won’t my iPhone 8 update? It stopped at 16.7.4! And my best friends phone had all the new features. And I don’t know what to do I’ve tried to do it manually also but it just won’t update! Does anyone have any tips to help??

45 replies

Nov 6, 2023 4:23 PM in response to King_KITTU_17

King_KITTU_17 wrote:

My Concern is about Installing Apps, Is it worth to buy an iPhone 8 Plus in 2024?, Will I be able to Install and Run the Apps through Appstore?, Because by fare 8 and 8 Plus will be running IOS 16.

The 8 is discontinued. You would be buying a used phone at best.

I can't recommend buying used at all. There are too many risks involved, never mind the fact that you'd be buying a device that would be unsupported in a very short time.

If you need an inexpensive phone, buy an iPhone SE.

Nov 6, 2023 1:52 PM in response to King_KITTU_17

You will be able to run most apps, but I would suggest getting an iPhone SE 3rd gen instead, as it has more features, including a faster chip (A15 on the SE instead of A11 on 8). In fact, the only feature you’d miss out on is 3D Touch, but it’s not nearly as useful nowadays as it was older versions. You’d also loose the opportunity to get a plus size, but it’s up to you whether that’s important or not.

iPhone 8 vs iPhone SE (2nd generation) - Apple Store

Sep 17, 2023 3:32 PM in response to Rebel73-77

Whether iphone 8 will receive new update of iOS or not I personally still impressive about iphone 8 design.

Still iphone 8 will still receive update with in the range of iOS 16. Right now we are using iOS 16.6.1. So we might be receiving 16.6.2, 16.6.3. Upto 16.6.9 hopefully but not sure.

If we are warn of the new update iOS 17 we should not try to installed it to iphone 8. In 2019 I was using iPhone 5 and when I updated the system, it went on white apple Logo screen and never work again it keep stucking on the white apple Logo. Every time I tried checking on website others suggest I should downgrade the system to the previous one. The only option was to through it away even after trying taking it if any repair. I fail and I throw it away and bought iphone 8. For me I will not repeat the same thing. Even of resent used to get upset when updating my iphone 8 in mind that it might stuck into the white apple logo again. Thank God I know now which iOS is not compatible with my iphone 8. Which is iOS 17.

How to Know When iPhone 8 Stops Receiving iOS Updates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.