Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

AirPods Pro 1st generation weird high pitch noise.

I bought these AirPods back in 2022 and the left ear bud is experiencing a weird pitch sound and when I play music it sounds static/muffled. Is there a fix for this or should I bring them in for repair?

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 11:59 AM

Hi beccakxo,

We're sorry to hear the steps above didn't resolve your issue. Your AirPods will likely need to be repaired. We'd suggest that you contact Apple directly to help you to determine your options. They'd be best suited to help you from here. You can find their contact details here: Contact Apple Support 

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2023 11:59 AM in response to beccakxo

Hi beccakxo,

We're sorry to hear the steps above didn't resolve your issue. Your AirPods will likely need to be repaired. We'd suggest that you contact Apple directly to help you to determine your options. They'd be best suited to help you from here. You can find their contact details here: Contact Apple Support 

Take care!

Aug 30, 2023 9:18 AM in response to beccakxo

Hi beccakxo,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! For this issue, we would recommend the steps below that may help:

If your AirPods Pro (1st generation) make crackling or static sounds

1. Make sure that you have the latest software on your connected iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
2. Check that your connected device is nearby, and there's no wireless interference or obstructions between you and your device
3. Listen to audio from a different app to see if the app causes the issue. 
If you still experience sound quality issues—or if the issues increase in loud environments, with exercise, or while talking on the phone—refer to AirPods Pro Service Program for Sound Issues.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

AirPods Pro 1st generation weird high pitch noise.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.