My top finder bar is way too small and my dock is too big after updating to Monterey 12.6.8

Hi, I recently updated from Mojave to Monterey 12.6.8 (this is what my System Preferences gave me for an update). My top finder bar is now way to small and my dock is too big. I couldn't find a fix; can someone advise?

Thanks, Scott

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 27″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 6:18 AM

You can resize the toolbar by clicking on the More Toolbar Items button at the right end of the toolbar. If you don't see it, it means the window is too small to show all of the toolbar items. Enlarge the window or click the button to see the rest of the items You can also customize the Finder toolbar by choosing View > Customize Toolbar in the menu bar.

To change the size of your Mac's menu bar, you can go to System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > Menu bar size and choose "Large" if you want to increase the size.

To change the Dock size, you can go to System Preferences > Dock & Menu Bar > Size and choose a size that suits you.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2023 6:18 AM in response to scottinvt

You can resize the toolbar by clicking on the More Toolbar Items button at the right end of the toolbar. If you don't see it, it means the window is too small to show all of the toolbar items. Enlarge the window or click the button to see the rest of the items You can also customize the Finder toolbar by choosing View > Customize Toolbar in the menu bar.

To change the size of your Mac's menu bar, you can go to System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > Menu bar size and choose "Large" if you want to increase the size.

To change the Dock size, you can go to System Preferences > Dock & Menu Bar > Size and choose a size that suits you.

My top finder bar is way too small and my dock is too big after updating to Monterey 12.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.