Smart Mailbox has rules to not show BIN'd emails and yet, BIN'd emails are showing up.

Hi there,

How do I prevent mails in the bin showing up in my Smart Mailboxes emails? I already have the “search in Bin” flag unchecked so they shouldn’t show up and also, one of my search parameters says “Do not show emails from bin”.

And yet, they still show up and it is extremely annoying, especially when most of these emails contain explicit pictures.

I’ve attached a screen shot of one of my Smart Mailboxes...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Maz

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 12:28 PM

Hey Maz K,

Since you’ve selected “All Bins”, that implies that you have more than one. Is that correct? If so, instead of using “All Bins”, choose each bin separately.

If that doesn’t work, we recommend contacting Apple Support to look into this issue with you: Get Support

All the best.

5 replies

Aug 31, 2023 11:31 AM in response to Maz K

Hi Maz K,

Thanks for posting here in Apple Support Communities. Is this the only mail rule that won't work properly? Let's have you check if this issue happens in another user account on your Mac. It'll help to determine if this issue is strictly related to your current account. You can use the following article to help you set up another user account: Add a user or group on Mac - Apple Support

Kind regards.

Smart Mailbox has rules to not show BIN'd emails and yet, BIN'd emails are showing up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.