Is a macbook 9,1 compatible for home sharing?

The computers app on my Apple TV says I need to turn on home sharing on my computer but I don't see that as an option. Is my laptop not compatible for this feature? I have a macbook 9,1

MacBook

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 6:08 PM

Media Sharing should appear in Sharing preferences as described in Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices.

Your Mac is compatible with Media Sharing, but you may need to update macOS if that option does not appear as illustrated in that document. That Mac can be updated to run macOS "Monterey". That document describes how to download an older compatible version of macOS.

To learn how to update macOS in general, please read Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2023 6:08 PM in response to camp0139

Media Sharing should appear in Sharing preferences as described in Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices.

Your Mac is compatible with Media Sharing, but you may need to update macOS if that option does not appear as illustrated in that document. That Mac can be updated to run macOS "Monterey". That document describes how to download an older compatible version of macOS.

To learn how to update macOS in general, please read Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support.

Is a macbook 9,1 compatible for home sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.