iPhone 14 pro showing pink static

When switching between apps or control center, pink static flashes across the screen. This shows up on screen capture and screen recording, so I assume a software issue rather than the screen.

I performed a hard reset yesterday which solved the problem for a day, but it’s back now and this time the reset didn’t clear it.

any ideas?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 10:38 PM

This can very well be a hardware issue. You are capturing the “pink static” on your screen capture images and screen recording and that tells me that the issue may be within the logic board itself.

Your iPhone 14 Pro should still be under Apple’s 1YR Limited Warranty (US) and I recommend that you take advantage of it by contacting 👉 Official Apple Support OR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and evaluation.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2023 10:38 PM in response to Czechthrice

This can very well be a hardware issue. You are capturing the “pink static” on your screen capture images and screen recording and that tells me that the issue may be within the logic board itself.

Your iPhone 14 Pro should still be under Apple’s 1YR Limited Warranty (US) and I recommend that you take advantage of it by contacting 👉 Official Apple Support OR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and evaluation.

Axel F.

iPhone 14 pro showing pink static

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.