Upload photos from Samsung Galaxy cellphone to iMac.

I have trouble uploading photos from my Samsung Galaxy cellphone to my iMac. It has worked sometimes, but not most of the time. Most of the time, as now, the screen says, "No Android device found."

It works when it wants to work. Turning computer and cellphone off and on, and changing cables and ports has not helped.

Oh, might it be easier to do using Bluetooth?

iMac 24″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 6:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 1:26 AM

I finally found a technician who was able to help me. He suggested that I (1) make the connection between my Samsung cellphone and my iMac from my Samsung instead of from my iMac and (2) send the photo by E-mail. Something worked, and I was able to send and receive the photo by E-mail.

i'm now happy, but shouldn't photos be automatically uploaded to my iMac as soon as I connect the two devices by cable? Why is it necessary to resort to E-mail?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2023 1:26 AM in response to Niku

I finally found a technician who was able to help me. He suggested that I (1) make the connection between my Samsung cellphone and my iMac from my Samsung instead of from my iMac and (2) send the photo by E-mail. Something worked, and I was able to send and receive the photo by E-mail.

i'm now happy, but shouldn't photos be automatically uploaded to my iMac as soon as I connect the two devices by cable? Why is it necessary to resort to E-mail?

Sep 2, 2023 7:54 AM in response to Rigo_O86

Thanks for that, Rigo. I have printed your instructions and will give them a try when I upload more pictures that I will be taking later today. As I have already stated, the last instructions I received from Apple enabled me to do the job, but perhaps your instructions will enable me to improve upon that method. In any event, I will certainly study them before deciding how to proceed.

Upload photos from Samsung Galaxy cellphone to iMac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.