Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to Check if iPhone is Original or Refurbished

How to Check if iPhone is Original or Refurbished - iPhone Test & check

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2024 3:09 AM

I want to know Is my I phone fake or not?

5 replies

Aug 31, 2023 9:00 PM in response to sele192

sele192 Said:

"How to Check if iPhone is Original or Refurbished: How to Check if iPhone is Original or Refurbished - iPhone Test & check"

-------

Determining if an iPhone is New or Refurbished:

If you purchased it directly from Apple, then it is most certainly not refurbished, but is rather a new device. But, and iPhone is what it is it, internal hardware connect be changed. So, it's a matter of looking for scratches and looking at the screen for a cover on it. If anything is of concern, it is a matter of it being jailbroken. And the only way to know if that has happened, is if you are aware of that being the case --there is no want to know on your own. Sin all, I recommend purchasing it from Apple, and none other.

Verifying a Genuine iPhone:

Here is how to confirm that the iPhone is genuine...

1. Obtain the Serial Number: Find the Serial Number or IMEI on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Enter the Serial Number here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support
  3. View the Results: If all shows up as an iPhone, then you have a genuine iPhone. If not, then it is ungenuine.

How to Check if iPhone is Original or Refurbished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.