Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

AirTag isn't showing among my devices

My new air tag is paired to my iPhone 13 pro. In the “find my” app it shows up as an item but not in the device list. I toggled WiFi and Bluetooth on and off. I reset and repaired the air tag but it is not showing in devices. I’m running iOS 16.6. I turned the phone on and off but no luck. I hope someone can help. Thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

AirTag

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 12:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 1:52 AM

Airtag is an item and not a device.

People, Devices and Items under Find My: Here's a clarification:

1. People/Devices: You can share your location with others using the Find My app. You can choose to share your location temporarily or continuously with specific contacts. This feature is typically used for safety or convenience, such as when meeting up with friends or family.
  2. Items: With the introduction of AirTags, Apple allows users to track physical items like keys, wallets, or bags using the Find My app. The key difference here is that the location of items is not meant to be shared with others by default. The primary purpose is to help the owner locate their lost items. However, if someone else's item is near your iPhone or Apple device with Bluetooth and Location Services enabled, you might receive a notification about the nearby item. This is a privacy feature to prevent unwanted tracking.

See the pic below

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2023 1:52 AM in response to Rohitverma111

Airtag is an item and not a device.

People, Devices and Items under Find My: Here's a clarification:

1. People/Devices: You can share your location with others using the Find My app. You can choose to share your location temporarily or continuously with specific contacts. This feature is typically used for safety or convenience, such as when meeting up with friends or family.
  2. Items: With the introduction of AirTags, Apple allows users to track physical items like keys, wallets, or bags using the Find My app. The key difference here is that the location of items is not meant to be shared with others by default. The primary purpose is to help the owner locate their lost items. However, if someone else's item is near your iPhone or Apple device with Bluetooth and Location Services enabled, you might receive a notification about the nearby item. This is a privacy feature to prevent unwanted tracking.

See the pic below

AirTag isn't showing among my devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.