I'm not able to find Apple TV+ content on the TV app

I have purchased apple one the very first month it was introduced. I had been enjoying Apple TV since then, but as of two weeks ago, my Apple TV app only includes shows from other apps I have purchased like Netflix and google as well as tv and movies that I have purchased from iTunes. As of two weeks ago No original content is available to me. Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple TV HD, tvOS 10

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 8:05 AM

Apple TV HD, tvOS 10

If that is your device, then it has been lacking updates for years (2016–2017)! We’re on tvOS 16.6 now.

About Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD software updates - Apple Support

Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

… as of two weeks ago, my Apple TV app only includes shows from other apps I have purchased like Netflix and google as well as tv and movies that I have purchased from iTunes.

The Apple TV app specifically doesn’t include Netflix content, as Netflix chooses to not support that kind of inclusion, except for Search of specific Netflix Originals.

Google sells movies and shows as viewable in the YouTube app and site, again not included in the Apple TV app. Mostly being a competitor to the iTunes Store, but unfortunately with very unclear audio and video specifications.

This issue doesn’t make sense to me. Not sure what is going on.

Can you include a photo of the screen that shows this?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2023 8:05 AM in response to PFalesMe

Apple TV HD, tvOS 10

If that is your device, then it has been lacking updates for years (2016–2017)! We’re on tvOS 16.6 now.

About Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD software updates - Apple Support

Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

… as of two weeks ago, my Apple TV app only includes shows from other apps I have purchased like Netflix and google as well as tv and movies that I have purchased from iTunes.

The Apple TV app specifically doesn’t include Netflix content, as Netflix chooses to not support that kind of inclusion, except for Search of specific Netflix Originals.

Google sells movies and shows as viewable in the YouTube app and site, again not included in the Apple TV app. Mostly being a competitor to the iTunes Store, but unfortunately with very unclear audio and video specifications.

This issue doesn’t make sense to me. Not sure what is going on.

Can you include a photo of the screen that shows this?

I'm not able to find Apple TV+ content on the TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.