Can I access my iCloud mail with a PC?

I am trying to access my iCloud mail account on a Dell XPS notebook computer and my correct iCloud credentials are rejected by the mail set up program on the Dell PC notebook with a message that they are "out of date." Entering the correct credentials additional times does not resolve the problem. I have signed into iCloud on the PC, but still cannot access my iCloud mail account there either. I am looking for any way that I can use my iCloud mail, address book and calendar with my PC notebook which I need for a certain program that isn't comptible with the Apple operating system. I have not been able to understand what is hanging me up and any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2023 6:45 PM

Access at iCloud.com or set up email on your PC (Set up iCloud Mail, Contacts, and Calendar in Outlook on your Windows computer - Apple Support)

2 replies

Sep 3, 2023 8:58 PM in response to muguy

Thank you for responding. I burned up a lot of hours hoping Outlook would recognize my valid iCloud credentials before discovering an app-specific password had to be created for the Outlook app within iCloud in order to facilitate the syncing of my iCloud based mail, contacts and calendars on my PC. Once I figured out that they wanted an Outlook-specific password rather than my Apple account password which was not at all clear to me from the prompts in the PC mail setup app, I succeeded in achieving access to my data on my PC. It seemed to take quite a bit of searching to find the proper instructions for creating the Outlook-specific password. My problem was resolved by perseverance.

Can I access my iCloud mail with a PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.