my iPhone 12 I just returned was compromised a couple of weeks ago. My messsages, emails and ph number at times seemed to be someone else. Like messenger showed I had contacted people that I had not. Please advise I reset and sent my iPhone back

I believe my iPhone 12 I just returned was compromised a couple of weeks ago. My messsages, emails and ph number at times seemed to be someone else. Like messenger showed I had contacted people that I had not. Please advise I reset and sent my iPhone back

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 5:50 PM

Jswindle_usarmy Said:

"my iPhone 12 I just returned was compromised a couple of weeks ago. My messsages, emails and ph number at times seemed to be someone else. Like messenger showed I had contacted people that I had not. Please advise I reset and sent my iPhone back"

Secure You Info:

A. Modify your Credentials:

Having so much suspicion, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

B. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

C. Report things to Apple:

Have any suspicious items on the screen (i.e. messages)? Use my User Tip: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - User Tips

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2023 5:50 PM in response to Jswindle_usarmy

Jswindle_usarmy Said:

"my iPhone 12 I just returned was compromised a couple of weeks ago. My messsages, emails and ph number at times seemed to be someone else. Like messenger showed I had contacted people that I had not. Please advise I reset and sent my iPhone back"

Secure You Info:

A. Modify your Credentials:

Having so much suspicion, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

B. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

C. Report things to Apple:

Have any suspicious items on the screen (i.e. messages)? Use my User Tip: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - User Tips

my iPhone 12 I just returned was compromised a couple of weeks ago. My messsages, emails and ph number at times seemed to be someone else. Like messenger showed I had contacted people that I had not. Please advise I reset and sent my iPhone back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.