Connecting my Mac Air M1 to my older Brother printer

I can't seen to find airprint on my Mac Air M1 - how do I connect to my old Brother printer?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 11:09 PM

dfsfsafd Said:

"Connecting my Mac Air M1 to my older Brother printer: I can't seen to find airprint on my Mac Air M1 - how do I connect to my old Brother printer?"

-------

Printing to a Brother Printer:

Getting the Correct Driver:

You need to get the correct drivers. Get them directly from the Manufacturer (Brother) and none other as a way to avow scams. Restart the driver, once the drivers are installed. Note that this needs to be an AirPrint compatible Printer. So, if it is not shown here, then it just will not work: About AirPrint - Apple Support

How to Get Support:

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 11:09 PM in response to dfsfsafd

dfsfsafd Said:

"Connecting my Mac Air M1 to my older Brother printer: I can't seen to find airprint on my Mac Air M1 - how do I connect to my old Brother printer?"

-------

Printing to a Brother Printer:

Getting the Correct Driver:

You need to get the correct drivers. Get them directly from the Manufacturer (Brother) and none other as a way to avow scams. Restart the driver, once the drivers are installed. Note that this needs to be an AirPrint compatible Printer. So, if it is not shown here, then it just will not work: About AirPrint - Apple Support

How to Get Support:

Sep 5, 2023 7:42 AM in response to dfsfsafd

Hello dfsfsafd,

Just an addendum in order to avoid any misunderstanding.

I cannot find any information about an HL-L2340D model, only about an HL-L2340DW. The W indicates that it is a printer with wireless capabilities.

If your printer in fact is an HL-L2340DW, that is a model supporting the AirPrint technology, you do not need any printer driver for macOS Ventura from the manufacturer. This provided that the HL-L2340DW is connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router) as the MacBook Air. Brother recommends using AirPrint.

https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hll2340dw_us_eu_as&os=10077

The latest available printer firmware update is 05/11/2023 (1.26).

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Please post back if you have further questions regarding the connection (or if the printer model is not the HL-L2340DW).

Connecting my Mac Air M1 to my older Brother printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.