Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone messages appear where thy are not directed - WHY??

Messages from my wife's iPhone SE have started to appear on my iPhone 12 - I've tried all the proffered solutions in previous posts on this forum, but still it happensr- is there an updated solution?

iPhone SE

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 11:39 AM

Hey there Mac en France,

We understand the messages from your wife's iPhone appear on yours. We'd be happy to provide information about this.

The most common cause of this is that you're both signed into the same Apple ID on your devices. Check both devices and go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive to see which account is signed in. Tap the Apple ID that's highlighted in blue to sign out.

Let us know the results.

Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2023 11:39 AM in response to Mac en France

Hey there Mac en France,

We understand the messages from your wife's iPhone appear on yours. We'd be happy to provide information about this.

The most common cause of this is that you're both signed into the same Apple ID on your devices. Check both devices and go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive to see which account is signed in. Tap the Apple ID that's highlighted in blue to sign out.

Let us know the results.

Kind regards.

iPhone messages appear where thy are not directed - WHY??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.