Bottom bar abomination, no option to hide it after years it creeps constantly on the screen

Why is that abomination of Bottom bar on iPad present for years since physical button was removed?

Why is there no option to at least turn it off.

On iPhone this doesn't concern me since I use superior Samsung phones, but it is ridiculous on iPhone as well.

This basically tells me every time I look at that thing that Apple thinks its users are (and they are in most cases right, looking at this forum) braindead potatoes who can't remember that they can slide that disgusting thing up.

I play game - bottom bar

I draw - of course I need bottom bar to overlay my controls

I use Shapr3d, of course there is that thing again I have that horrible thing overlaying my design

iPad Pro (3rd generation)

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 3:22 PM

The Home Bar to which you refer is a "handle". If you touch and hold the Home Bar - and slide your finger to the right or left - you can switch between open App windows.

This control can be suppressed by App Developers - but cannot be hidden via iPad settings.

Apple does invite submission of constructive comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

If you would like to see more control of this feature in a future version of iOS/iPadOS, this would be the most appropriate channel through which to make your request.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 3:22 PM in response to Jarek85_

The Home Bar to which you refer is a "handle". If you touch and hold the Home Bar - and slide your finger to the right or left - you can switch between open App windows.

This control can be suppressed by App Developers - but cannot be hidden via iPad settings.

Apple does invite submission of constructive comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

If you would like to see more control of this feature in a future version of iOS/iPadOS, this would be the most appropriate channel through which to make your request.

Bottom bar abomination, no option to hide it after years it creeps constantly on the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.